The Helm Controller is a Kubernetes operator, allowing one to declaratively manage Helm chart releases with Kubernetes manifests.
The desired state of a Helm release is described through a Kubernetes Custom Resource named
Based on the creation, mutation or removal of a
HelmRelease resource in the cluster,
Helm actions are performed by the controller.
- Watches for
HelmReleaseobjects and generates
HelmChartartifacts produced from
- Fetches artifacts produced by source-controller from
HelmChartobjects for revision changes (including semver ranges for charts from
- Performs automated Helm actions, including Helm tests, rollbacks and uninstalls
- Offers extensive configuration options for automated remediation (rollback, uninstall, retry) on failed Helm install, upgrade or test actions
- Runs Helm install/upgrade in a specific order, taking into account the depends-on relationship defined in a set of
- Prunes Helm releases removed from cluster (garbage collection)
- Reports Helm releases statuses (alerting provided by notification-controller)